Press for excellence
Did you know you should never leave the plastic cover from the dry cleaner covering your clothes in your wardrobe?
Fortunately, the staff at Croyland Cleaners will be on hand to tell you to cut the plastic cover some 4 inches (10 centimetres) from the shoulder. This will act as dust protection, but still allow the fabric to breathe.
In fact, the Oxford Street business has been helping customers to look their best for 58 years.
The family owned business specialises in a professional clothes care service, always at the front of the industry with current plans involving a machinery upgrade in January 2017 to include the latest cleaning techniques.
They are investing in the latest wet cleaning system from Electrolux which keeps the company at the forefront of cleaning developments.
Top tips for looking after your clothes:
- Stains should always be treated as soon as possible. Even though a stain may seem to disappear, it is still there.
- Only blot a stain and do not scrub, preferably with clean white absorbent tissue. Have it cleaned as soon as possible.
- Never put white wine on red wine or salt on a wine stain. This will only make the dry cleaner’s job more difficult and may result in the stain not being removed.
- Always try to point out any stains when bringing the garment for cleaning. Where possible identify the source of the stain so that the correct treatment can be applied.
- Never apply deodorants, eau de toilette, perfume etc., whether as a spray or in solid form whilst wearing the garment. Always apply before dressing and allow time to dry.
The friendly staff are on-hand to advise customers about the best cleaning options for their garments and can offer a speedy same-day service on some items.
From designer wool suits, to curtains and bridal wear the cleaners can help with all your needs.
Owner Nigel Thompson said: “We’re currently investigating a wet system – a revelation in the cleaning business, which means top quality woollen suits can be washed wet with top results.
“This will be the future of cleaning and we want to involve with the latest developments.
“We’re a long established business with a wealth of experience in the industry.
“Traditionally we clean business wear the most, but we can help with everything and even offer a traditional wet wash, a fresh shirt service and can clean household curtains well as alterations and repairs.”
Five reasons to visit Croyland Cleaners
- Do you need to get something cleaned urgently? Croyland offer a same day onsite cleaning service.
- They offer Scotchguard stain protection finish
- Services include the cleaning of curtains and furnishings, including flame proofing
- A fresh shirt service is offered
- Duvet cleaning can be organised with them as well
- And do speak to them about a traditional Hoffman pressing and hand finishing service
Croyland Cleaners is open Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm and Saturday from 9.00am – 3.00pm (winter hours)
For more information telephone 01933 276364.