Putting the ‘break’ into breakfast
Did you know the people of Wellingborough love a good old fashioned fry up? However, around 15 per cent of people asked in the town centre don’t have time for breakfast in the morning.
Nonetheless, according to the manager of Jenny’s Café & Restaurant, located on Silver Street, sales of sausage and bacon are booming.
The manager said: “Breakfasts are by far the most popular meals we do. Some weekends I can end up cooking over a hundred.
“We know mornings are usually very busy for people, so instead of skipping breakfast, come place an order with us. We have a huge menu to cater for all tastes.”
Everything is cooked to order, which he says is partly why they have so many regulars who come in.
“We offer good food and affordable prices and it’s all freshly cooked – we don’t even have a microwave. We also have an extensive kids menu and we constantly have lots of special offers available.”
Breakfast is not the only food they serve, as they also provide meals such as burgers, pizzas, kebabs, chicken and jacket potatoes.
Did you know that, besides Wellingborough, the cooked breakfast is also the nation’s favourite meal first thing in the morning?
In second place is porridge, followed by cereal and then toast.
It is thought about 23 per cent of people skip breakfast at least once or even more times during the week, with more than one in ten never eating it all.
Jenny’s manager said that as long they are open, there is never any need to go without eating the most important meal of the day.
He said: “We are open from 8am every day, apart from Sundays and our friendly staff are only too happy to take your order and make sure you’re set up for the day.”
This year he is planning to refurbish the café and add a few extra dishes to the menu.
Five reasons to visit Jenny’s
- Are you looking for a friendly place to eat good food? All food is cooked fresh to order at Jenny’s
- Do you like to be served by friendly staff? Jenny’s waitresses provide service with a smile.
- Are you looking for a café that serves quality food at affordable prices?
- Is time short in your house for cooking? Give yourself a break and visit Jenny’s for a delicious meal.
- Do you love eggs and bacon and fancy a decent fry up? Jenny’s serves the best breakfast in town – according to the manager.
Jenny’s is located on Silver Street. Contact tel is 01933 441335.
They are open Monday to Saturday 8am – 6pm and Sunday 9am – 4pm.