Helping Wellingborough stay mobile
In Britain around 100,000 mobile phones are dropped down the toilet and the average person unlocks their smartphone 110 times a day.
With those figures in mind, it is not surprising the Joseph Woodburn Mobile Phones shop on Cambridge Street is so busy.
Owner Joseph has been in the phone industry for 15 years and he opened the shop in 2004, before having it blessed by his local pastor.
Joseph said: “It was important to me to have the shop acknowledged by the Church because if you have God behind you then you are blessed.”
Joseph’s strong religious belief means he never opens on Saturday or rarely on Sundays, a decision he says some people might find strange.
“I decided to not open at weekends because the Church and my family are important to me. Saturdays I spend at Church and on Sundays I spend time at home with my family, although I do occasionally open on Sundays if I am needed.
“My business was never about making money, it’s about providing a worthwhile service to the people of Wellingborough.”
Their main services include phone and laptop repairs. They also stock a large range of phones, accessories and batteries.
Don’t call us – we’ll call you
Joseph has worked hard to build a reputation as a trustworthy trader, which is why he says he will never accept a repair job if he believes it is impossible to mend.
He is often asked to hold keys to nearby businesses to help other traders out, which he says adds to the “community spirit” of Cambridge Street and he knows all his customers by name.
Being a mobile phone specialist, means Joseph knows quite a bit about the small handheld devices which many of us rely so heavily upon. Here are a few facts:
- The first mobile phone call was made in 1973.
- Mobile phone texting followed in 1992.
- More people in the world have mobiles than toilets.
- Mobile phone throwing is an official sport in Finland.
- The most common use for a mobile is neither calling nor texting but checking the time!
Five reasons to visit Joseph Woodburn Mobile Phones
- Do you like a personal service? Joseph knows each and every one of his customers by name.
- Are you sick of paying expensive fees to get your mobile fixed? Joseph’s rates are very reasonable.
- Do you believe a job should be done properly? If the item cannot be repaired, Joseph will not accept the job.
- Support a family business who put their relationships and religion first.
- For the best independent advice about buying mobile phones get down to Cambridge Street for help.
Joseph Woodburn Mobile Phone Repair Shop is open Monday to Friday 9am – 530pm.