Designer clothes at knock-down prices on offer to visitors
The dress agency in Burystead Place stocks clothes for women, men and children and with British women known to waste £1.6bn on clothes they never wear, visitors are likely to pick up a bargain.
Opened in 2009, Miss Maud’s has developed a name for itself within the Wellingborough community as an affordable clothes shop offering a range of women’s, men’s and children’s items as well as scarves, shoes and handbags categorised as either new, second-hand or vintage items.
Periodically, people are invited, via the shop’s Facebook site, to take six items of freshly laundered and pressed quality clothes they wish to exchange at a sale price rate of 50/50.
The clothes will be put on the rails for four weeks before owners are asked to pick-up their goods.
Staff go above and beyond to help shoppers looking for a special something, happy to check stock and offer advice.
Adequate changing facilities give people the chance to try on but if time is of the essence customers have 7 days to change their mind in return for a credit note.
Caroline Langdon, sales assistant, said: “From High Street to designer, we aim to offer our customers a range of every day, evening and special occasion clothing and staff aim to help in any way possible. We stock good quality, top end clothes, which are priced accordingly – with a big discount.
“People enjoy coming in and having a look round – everyone is welcome to come and have a browse.”
The shop regularly updates their Facebook page and is easily accessible with free parking nearby.
The dress agency is open at selected times, and ask the following:
- Items are freshly washed and pressed ready on hangers which can be returned to customers
- That the items are seasonal and appropriate to the time of year
- No more than 6 items per customer
- Items need to either be new or gently worn
- Accepting only designer labels with the exception to a few High Street if new.
Five reasons to visit Miss Maud’s
- Do you like a bargain? Miss Maud’s is the place to visit for top end products at knock-down prices.
- Do you want that special dress but can’t afford the high price tag? Visit Miss Maud’s and let the staff help you find that special item.
- Do you like a stress-free shopping experience? Free car parking is on hand nearby.
- Looking for a gift? Miss Maud’s stocks fashion scarfs from £2.
- Shopping for the family – men’s, women’s and children’s clothes on sale under one roof.
Miss Maud’s is open Monday to Saturday 9am – 5:00pm. For more information visit their website: https://www.facebook.com/Miss-Mauds-548581895238720/