30 years of finding jobs for the local community
Travail Employment Group, based at 2 Park Road, Wellingborough, are probably one of the first ever recruitment agencies to open their doors in our town centre. This April they will be celebrating 30 years of finding permanent and temporary jobs for the local community.
Branch Manager of 17 years, Anju Chauhan, is convinced that the reason for Travail’s popularity is that Travail Consultants are always professional, friendly and honest; they are great listeners and provide a very ‘human touch,’ always going the extra mile to help. The team, Anju, Julie Thompson – Industrial Consultant, Destinee Yorath – Commercial Consultant , Kasia Marszalek – Branch Administrator and Michelle Cheetham – Regional Manager have a combined recruitment experience of over 40 years!
This is borne out by the fact that Travail Wellingborough is an award-winning branch. In 2017, Anju won Branch Manager of the Year with Kasia Marszalek being a finalist as Branch Administrator of the year.
The 28-branch company prides itself on being a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation which ensures that it follows best practice in all areas and provides a professional and ethical recruitment service. Travail have a fantastic reputation for paying temps weekly, accurately and on time.
Travail Consultants, having built a great relationship with local businesses, can get your CV to interview quicker. They speak proactively with local hiring Managers all the time, so know who is looking for staff, and what skills and experience they are after. Many companies do not even advertise their vacancies, so by talking to Anju and her team you’re automatically increasing your chances of finding a job to suit you.
Additionally, temporary work, generally only available through agencies, can often lead to a permanent role.
FIVE TIPS FOR PEOPLE SEEKING EMPLOYMENT:
- Have an open mind; the more flexible you are, the more chances of employment you will have.
- Re-write you CV keeping in mind the job you are applying for. This will help keep it relevant and sharp.
- Always dress smartly and be presentable; punctuality for interviews is a must.
- Practice interview questions beforehand and provide examples to back up your answers. Do not provide ‘parrot-fashion’ replies and avoid clichés if you can.
- Find a good Agency whom you feel comfortable with, and who you think will represent you well and passionately.
And finally, in response to our question, Anju clarifies with a smile that Travail is the French word for “work” and is pronounced “Trav-eye”! So keep your “eye” out when you are next recruiting or looking for work, as at Travail it seems you will be very well looked after!
A couple of fantastic offers from Travail*:
- New clients will receive a discount of 25% off standard permanent fees, or for any new temporary bookings, Travail will offer five days for the price of four.*
*T&Cs apply: check with branch for details. New clients are clients who have not traded with Travail in the last 12 months.
PLEASE RATE THIS BUSINESS FOR THE POW AWARDS.
Travail Employment Group, 2 Park Road, Wellingborough NN8 4PG
Website: www.travail.co.uk Tel: 01933 222282 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening Hours: Mon-Fri 8.30 am to 5 pm, Sat & Sun closed